MATERIAL ACTIVATION SYSTEMS
AirSweep® material flow systems provide on-demand flow of even the toughest materials by eliminating bridging, ratholes and build-up. Each powerful pulse of the AirSweep nozzle directs a high-pressure/high-volume, 360-degree burst of compressed air or gas between the material and vessel wall to lift and sweep stagnated material back into the flow stream.
Standard materials of construction include: Carbon Steel • 304 Stainless Steel • 316 Stainless Steel
Other materials available upon request.
Benefits of an AirSweep® System:
- Patented valve design utilizes only one moving part, ensuring an immediate reseal after each pulse to prevent clogging and material build-up.
- Each pulse activates material up to an 8 foot diameter for a first-in, first-out controlled flow, facilitating use of full bin capacity.
- Reduces flushing/cleaning time between product runs and improves batch uniformity.
- System is mounted on the outside of the vessel for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Energy efficient – uses plant air.
- No damage, vibration, stress or wear to container walls. Mount to metal, concrete, fiberglass or wood vessels.
- Manufactured from high grade steel for long service life.
AirSweep® Industry Use and Applications
If you process it – we have probably handled it!
Use these buttons to see some of the industries.
- Animal Feeds
- Brewers Grain
- Oat Hulls
- Rice Bran
- Soda ash
- Adipic Acid
- Boric Acid
- Calcium Carbonate
- Hydrated Lime
- Iron Oxide
- Lead Chromate
- Sodium Sulfite
- Titanium Dioxide
- Fly Ash
- Wax Flakes/Pellets
From titanium dioxide to liquid cheese, AirSweeps have successfully handled the toughest bulk material. Industries such as Food Processing, Feed & Grain, Aggregate & Mining, Pharmaceutical Processing, and Chemical Processing are utilizing AirSweep systems to effectively and reliably keep their materials flowing.
Contact us for information and a detailed AirSweep® proposal engineered specifically for your application.
Oil Stock - Peanuts
AirSweep® vs. Other Flow Aids
An AirSweep system solves many of the problems associated with other types of material flow devices, such as:
AIR CANNONS – noisy, ineffective with wet or sticky materials, uncontrolled feed rates and possible structural damage to vessel.
FLUIDIZERS – Effective radius is small and ineffective with wet or sticky materials.
VIBRATORS – possible damage or wear to vessel, noisy, ineffective with wet or sticky materials and not energy efficient.
LIVE BOTTOM BIN DISCHARGERS – high costs, especially in retrofit and frequent maintenance may require excessive downtime.