ZERO SPEED SWITCHES
Stop an entire operation if one machine fails.
PROX-MICRO Inductive Proximity Switch
Micro-controlled, Field-adjustable, Multi-setpoint Speed Monitor
The PROX-MICRO Proximity Switch is a non-contacting speed sensing device which converts pulses from a ferrous target to an electrical signal. The speed monitor utilizes a microcontroller and proprietary internal software to precisely monitor the RPM rate of the rotating ferrous target(s). Time between pulses is compared to application-appropriate, user-defined settings. The PROX-MICRO is packaged in a NEMA 4/5 enclosure with a transparent Lexan™ cover for dust and moisture protection.
- Large sensing range:
- 6 – 30,000 RPM based on 1 pulse per revolution
- 1 – 7,500 RPM based on 4 pulses per revolution
- 0.1 – 3000 RPM based on 60 pulses per revolution
- Underspeed monitoring: 20-99% of running speed
- Easy to program and field adjustable
- Status and Relay indicating LEDs
- Non-contact sensing – not directly coupled to a shaft
- Powder-coated cast aluminum housing with Lexan™ cover
- Proximity sensor features:
- 10-30 VDC NPN M18mm Shielded N.O.
- 500 Hz, 6′ (1.83 m) cable
- 0.315″ (8.0 mm) sensing distance
- Will pick up any ferrous material — magnet not required
The PROX-MICRO is ideal for applications where access is limited such as small or tight locations, as well as high temperature or high vibration installations while providing a remote placement of the controller for easier user access.
Need assistance choosing the appropriate speed switch? Fill out the Application Data Sheet and a Sales Engineer will help determine which switch is right for your specific application.
|Conduit Entry||Power/signal wires: 1/2″ NPT, PROX wire: 3/8″|
|Speed Range||0.1 Hz – 500 Hz (dependent upon pulses per 1 rotation|
|Calibration Range||20% to 90% of calibrated running speed|
|Input Voltage||85 VAC – 305 VAC @ 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||4 Watt (0.35 Amp @ 120 VAC)|
Single Pole, Double Throw (SPDT),
10 Amp @250 VAC, or 30 VDC/Resistive Load
|Accuracy||+/- 1% of calibrated set point|
|Stat-up Delay (SDLY)||0 to 2 minutes|
|Alarm Delay (ADLY)||0 to 1 minute|
|Status LED||Input Pulse / Alarm Indication (blink rate change)|
|Temperature Range||-40° to +160° F (-40° to +71° C)|
|Memory||Nonvolatile, 10-year retention|