MATERIAL ACTIVATION SYSTEMS
3/4″ and 1-1/2″ Tri-Clamp AirSweep® Systems
Ideal for applications requiring easy installation and removal for cleaning or sanitizing.
AirSweep® Systems material flow technology prevents and eliminates hang-ups and blockages in silos, bins, hoppers, chutes and more with coordinated 360° bursts of compressed air/gas. Sequenced pulsing of strategically-positioned AirSweep® units activate bulk material to produce a first-in, first-out controlled flow.
- System is mounted on the outside of the vessel for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Tri-clover clamp allows simple installation and removal without tools
- Patented valve design utilizes only one moving part, ensuring an immediate reseal after each pulse to prevent clogging and material build-up
- Activate 2 ft. to 7 ft. diameter of material (depending on model)
- Manufactured from high-grade 316 Stainless Steel for long service life
Grains • Flour • Sugar • Cocoa • Peanuts • Starch • Hops • Meal • Salts • Rice Bran • Pharmaceuticals • and more!
For USDA-accepted Airsweep® Systems, contact a sales engineer at 1-860-928-6551
|Performance, per unit*|
Consumption (per pulse)
|2 feet (0.61 m)||0.08 scf @ 40 psi|
(0.002 m3 @ 2.76 bar)
|3 feet (0.91 m)||0.45 scf @ 60 psi|
(.0127 m3 @ 4.14 bar)
|5 feet (1.52 m)||1.9 scf @ 80 psi|
(.0538 m3 @ 5.52 bar)
|7 feet (2.13 m)||2.45 scf @ 100 psi|
(0.069 m3 @ 6.89 bar)
|*Average in 75 lbs/ft3 material; 250 millisecond pulse|
Typical AirSweep® System Components
|Model VA-06-TRI-TRI||Model VA-12-TRI-TRI||Description|
|3/4″ Solenoid Valve||1-1/2″ Solenoid Valve||Delivers rapid, high-volume pulse of compressed air/gas to AirSweep nozzle.|
|3/4″ Flex Hose Assembly||1-1/2″ Flex Hose Assembly||Connects the solenoid valve to hard-piped header loop.|
|3/4″ Full-flow Ball Valve||1-1/2″ Full-flow Ball Valve||Isolation valve for individual nozzles.|
|1″ High-flow Particulate Filter||1-1/2″ High-flow Particulate Filter||Point-of-use particulate filtration enhances life of system components by removal of in-line contaminants.|
|30-gallon Air Receiver||60-gallon Air Receiver||Compressed air reservoir ensures instantaneous volume for system.|
|1″ High-flow Regulator||1-1/2″ High-flow Regulator||Regulates compressed air supply for proper AirSweep operation.|
|1″ Full-flow Check Valve||1-1/2″ Full-flow Check Valve||Ensures one-way flow to system.|
|1″ Full-flow Ball Valve||1-1/2″ Full-flow Ball Valve||System shut-off.|
|Electronic Sequence Controller||Controls sequenced pulsing of AirSweep system; adjustable for any process.|
Benefits of an AirSweep® System:
- Patented valve design utilizes only one moving part, ensuring an immediate reseal after each pulse to prevent clogging and material build-up.
- Each pulse activates material up to an 8 foot radius for a first-in, first-out controlled flow, facilitating use of full bin capacity.
- Reduces flushing/cleaning time between product runs and improves batch uniformity.
- System is mounted on the outside of the vessel for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Energy efficient – uses plant air.
- No damage, vibration, stress or wear to container walls. Mount to metal, concrete, fiberglass or wood vessels.
- Manufactured from high grade steel for long service life.
Total AirSweep® System
A total AirSweep® material activation system consists of strategically-located AirSweeps, high-flow solenoid valves, electronic sequence controller and an air receiver.
The average AirSweep® System uses less than 10 cfm of compressed air or gas making it energy and cost efficient.
No damage, vibration, stress or wear to container walls.
Contact a Sales Engineer for information and a detailed AirSweep® proposal engineered specifically for your application. 1-860-928-6551
Or submit a data sheet