MATERIAL ACTIVATION SYSTEMS
Delivers Powerful, Focused Air Pulse to Disperse Material Buildup
The Straight Shooter is designed for applications where a focused column of air is required to reach and activate material not accessible by the standard AirSweep 360-degree pulse pattern. The Straight Shooter is available in all standard AirSweep sizes (3/4″, 1-1/2″ and 2″).
The Straight Shooter’s design allows the powerful air pulse to extend in a tight column directly in front of the nozzle. The unit instantly re-seals to prevent clogging or material feedback. The “fire hose” effect of the air pulse makes these mini-blasters perfect for larger-sized pieces of material or for areas where the standard AirSweep cannot be mounted, such as across from inaccessible walls. Units can be easily mounted to blast in any direction using standard schedule 40 pipe connections. Because they instantly reseal, these units can even be mounted inside the vessel to blast away areas of buildup.
- Patented valve design utilizes only one moving part, ensuring an immediate reseal after each pulse to prevent clogging and material buildup
- System can be mounted inside or outside of the vessel
- Energy efficient – uses plant air
- Mount to metal, concrete, fiberglass or wood vessels
- Manufactured from high grade steel for long service life
Straight Shooter Activation Range
Straight Shooters are being used to move crushed ceramic tile, blow metallic brake dust off of mixer paddles (inside the mixer), and blow off flour and crumbs in a bakery application.
The Straight Shooter’s directed pulse helps push materials down chutes and out of narrow transition sections.
click to enlarge
Standard Mounting Options
- Weld to vessel with mounting coupling installation
- Bolt to vessel with mounting plate installation
45° Angle Mounting
The 45°angle-mounted Straight Shooter is ideal for applications where the vessel walls may not be accessible for installation of a standard AirSweep system.
VA-06 Straight Shooter (with solenoid valve, 45° mounting coupling and lock nut)
click to enlarge
Benefits of an AirSweep® System:
- Patented valve design utilizes only one moving part, ensuring an immediate reseal after each pulse to prevent clogging and material build-up.
- Each pulse activates material up to an 8 foot radius for a first-in, first-out controlled flow, facilitating use of full bin capacity.
- Reduces flushing/cleaning time between product runs and improves batch uniformity.
- System is mounted on the outside of the vessel for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Energy efficient – uses plant air.
- No damage, vibration, stress or wear to container walls. Mount to metal, concrete, fiberglass or wood vessels.
- Manufactured from high grade steel for long service life.
Typical Straight Shooter System
A typical Straight Shooter material activation system consists of strategically-located Straight Shooters, high-flow solenoid valves, electronic sequence controller and air receiver. The illustration is intended to show components of a typical AirSweep system only and may not be representative of a vessel that would require a Straight Shooter system.
The average AirSweep™ System uses less than 10 cfm of compressed air or gas making it energy and cost efficient.
No damage, vibration, stress or wear to container walls.
Contact a Sales Engineer for information and a detailed AirSweep® proposal engineered specifically for your application. 1-860-928-6551
Or submit a data sheet