MATERIAL ACTIVATION SYSTEMS
2″ AirSweep® System
- Activates 6-8 feet diameter of material
- Ideal for large bins, hoppers, chutes, other vessels
AirSweep® material flow systems provide on-demand flow of even the toughest materials by eliminating bridging, ratholes and build-up. Each powerful pulse of the AirSweep nozzle directs a high-pressure/high-volume, 360-degree burst of compressed air or gas between the material and vessel wall to lift and sweep stagnated material back into the flow stream. The nozzle design (U.S. Patent 6,237,893) ensures an immediate, dust-tight, reseal after each pulse, preventing clogging or material feedback.
AirSweep® standard materials of construction include:
Carbon Steel • 304 Stainless Steel • 316 Stainless Steel
Other materials available upon request.
|VA-51 Performance (per unit)*|
|Material Activation Dia.||Air Usage (per pulse)|
|6 feet (1.83 m)||2.18 scf @ 80 psi
(0.062 m3 @ 5.52 bar)
|8 feet (2.44 m)||2.99 scf @ 100 psi
(0.085 m3 @ 6.89 bar)
|*Average in 75 lbs/ft3 material; 0.25 sec. air pulse.|
Benefits of an AirSweep® System:
- Patented valve design utilizes only one moving part, ensuring an immediate reseal after each pulse to prevent clogging and material build-up.
- Each pulse activates material up to an 8 foot radius for a first-in, first-out controlled flow, facilitating use of full bin capacity.
- Reduces flushing/cleaning time between product runs and improves batch uniformity.
- System is mounted on the outside of the vessel for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Energy efficient – uses plant air.
- No damage, vibration, stress or wear to container walls. Mount to metal, concrete, fiberglass or wood vessels.
- Manufactured from high grade steel for long service life.
Total AirSweep® System
A total AirSweep® material activation system consists of strategically-located AirSweeps, high-flow solenoid valves, electronic sequence controller and an air receiver.
The average AirSweep® System uses less than 10 cfm of compressed air or gas making it energy and cost efficient.
No damage, vibration, stress or wear to container walls.
Contact a Sales Engineer for information and a detailed AirSweep® proposal engineered specifically for your application. 1-860-928-6551
Or submit a data sheet