ZERO SPEED SWITCHES
Stop an entire operation if one machine fails.
PROX 120 Inductive Proximity Switch
Micro-controlled, Field-adjustable, Multi-setpoint Speed Monitor
The PROX 120 Proximity Switch is a non-contacting speed sensing device which converts pulses from a ferrous target to an electrical signal. The speed monitor utilizes a microcontroller and proprietary internal software to precisely monitor the RPM rate of the rotating ferrous target(s). Time between pulses is compared to application appropriate, user-defined settings. The PROX 120 is packaged in a NEMA 4/5 enclosure with a transparent Lexan™ cover for dust and moisture protection.
- Large sensing range:
- 6 – 30,000 RPM based on 1 pulse per revolution
- 1 – 7,500 RPM based on 4 pulses per revolution
- 0.1 – 3000 RPM based on 60 pulses per revolution
- Simultaneous speed monitoring:
- 20-99% Under Speed / 101-199% Over Speed
- Easy to program and field adjustable
- 4-character alphanumeric LED display shows alarm status in low light
- Non-contact sensing – not directly coupled to a shaft
- Epoxy-coated cast aluminum housing with Lexan™ cover
- Proximity sensor features:
- 10-30 VDC NPN M18mm Shielded N.O.
- 500 Hz, 6′ (1.83 m) cable
- 0.315″ (8.0 mm) sensing distance
- Will pick up any ferrous material — magnet not required
Need assistance choosing the appropriate speed switch? Fill out the Application Data Sheet and a Sales Engineer will help determine which switch is right for your specific application.
|Conduit Entry||Power/signal wires: 1/2″ NPT
PROX wire: 3/8″
|Temperature Range||-40° to +158° F
(-40° to +70° C)
|Voltage Options||120/240 VAC or 24 VDC|
|Supply Current||100 mA maximum|
|Output||Single Pole 10-A SPDT Relay
250 VAC, UL/CSA
|Frequency Range||Controller: 0.1 Hz to 2500 Hz
Sensor: 500 Hz
|Memory||Nonvolatile, 10-year retention|